background

Monday, August 4, 2014

Mattie Rydalch

I have an associate's degree from BYU-Idaho, a BA in Theatre Arts from BYU (where I minored in English and nearly in Spanish), and in 2011 I earned my MFA in Theatre Arts (Dramatic Writing) from the University of Idaho. I'm also an alumna of New York Theatre Intensives. I still write plays and music, often with similar themes to what I wrote in Mrs. Stumme's classes. I have seen my plays in Alaska, California, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, and New York City. I am a published and produced playwright and a member of the Dramatists Guild of America, Inc. I often build and paint sets for plays, and sometimes I act in plays and films, usually in comedic roles. I still draw, too. I'm working on a graphic novel. I also work with K-4 students in Madison School District. I have added the accordion, concertina, and ukulele to the collection of musical instruments I like to play. I see myself as an "artist of occasions." I longboard downhill in Rexburg and I ski in the winter, and I also love to travel. You might find me in Yellowstone National Park several times a year. I'm grateful for the experience I gained ay SSHS. As difficult as high school can be at times, I know it laid the groundwork for everything I've done since. Thanks, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment